10 STEPS TO CREATE
A LOCAL PEOPLE'S ASSEMBLY
The focus of a local people's assembly
is to develop creative solutions to global concerns through dedicated
action at the local level.
Here is a basic ten-step outline for organizing
a local people's assembly:
(1) Bring together a core group
(2) Identify the areas of passion and concern
(3) Organize a local outreach campaign
(4) Create a communications committee to keep everyone informed
(5) Engage the community by hosting programs with speakers and
(6) Participate fully with other community organizations, NGOs
and civic leaders.
(7) Include educational, cultural, arts and youth programs
(8) Plan fund-raising activities so your local group can continue
(9) Hold elections to select delegates and representatives to
the regional and global People's Assemblies
(10) Most important is to be creative and have fun!!!